University of York > Department of Mathematics
Our course emphasises data analysis and will provide you with contemporary statistical ideas and methodologies that are attractive to prospective employers. The skills you gain are useful for a wide range of financial data analysis and in a range of other sectors where data analysis is required, for example sociology, health science, medical science or biology. This experience is also an ideal foundation for further academic study; many of our students choose to progress to PhD.
- Advanced Multivariate Analysis
- Advanced Regression Analysis
- Computational Finance
- Financial Time Series
- Mathematical Finance
- Portfolio Theory and Risk Management
- Quantitative Methods for Finance
- Statistical Modelling and Practical Data Analysis with R
- Statistics for Insurance
- Stochastic Calculus and Black-Scholes Theory
- Stochastic Processes
- Problem classes
- Written examinations
These lists are not intended to be exhaustive, and may be subject to change. You should check the course homepage for further details and the most up-to-date information.