Lancaster Univesity > Lancaster University Management School
Large investment banks such as HSBC and Barclays need people who can work on investment strategies and who can mathematically deduce how risky they are. This course is designed to give quantitative students a foothold in this financial world with the advanced, specialist skills that employers are seeking.
- Advanced Investment Management
- Assessing Financial Risk: Extreme Value Methods
- Behavioural Finance
- Derivatives Pricing
- Financial Econometrics
- Introduction to Intelligent Data Analysis (Data Mining)
- Introduction to Python Programming
- Market Risk Forecasting and Control
- Stochastic Calculus for Finance
- Formal Presentations
- Group Work Exercises
- Technical Demonstrations (e.g. Bloomberg / Datastream)
- Written examinations
These lists are not intended to be exhaustive, and may be subject to change. You should check the course homepage for further details and the most up-to-date information.