Queen Mary University of London > School of Economics and Finance
The MSc in Mathematical Finance is a specialist master’s degree designed to equip talented individuals with the skills necessary for a successful career in banking and the financial markets.
Specifically, the programme provides in-depth training for professional roles such as quantitative analysis, trading, financial engineering and structuring, risk management, and software development. Business sectors include investment and commercial banking, fund management, the insurance business, and hedge funds.
- Alternative Investments
- Applied Computational Finance
- Applied Risk Management for Banking
- Bond Market Strategies
- Credit Ratings
- Derivative Securities
- Financial Econometrics
- Machine Learning Applications for Finance
- Portfolio Theory and Management
- Stochastic Calculus and Black-Scholes Theory
- Systematic Trading Strategies
- Trading and Risk Systems Development
- Valuation and Private Equity
- Lab Work
- Problem classes
- Written examinations
These lists are not intended to be exhaustive, and may be subject to change. You should check the course homepage for further details and the most up-to-date information.